Concrete & Gunite Pools
Gunite or shotcrete are types of reinforced concrete used to build inground pools. Concrete pools allow your swimming pool builder to create and build the pool design of your dreams. Unlike fiberglass pools or vinyl pools, concrete pool construction can be designed specifically to your location. This flexibility permits almost any shape or form. Gunite pool design can integrate water features, beach entries, spas, tanning ledges, benches and custom steps. Clearwater Construction Group offers a lifetime warranty on the shells of concrete pools, which can be expected to provide a long life span.
The process of concrete pool construction:
1) Pool design – Meet with our pool designer who will create a computer generated design.
2) Layout and permitting – We paint the swimming pool design in your yard to confirm the location and layout, then prepare the paperwork and approvals for all county and city permits.
3) Excavation – We begin the forming and digging of your new pool.
4) Steel – Using a combination of #3 and #4 rebar, we create a reinforcing grid formed to the shape and contour of your new inground pool.
5) Plumbing – Using high quality schedule 40 pvc pipe, we plumb your pool and place all the pipe under pressure to confirm and maintain 100% quality control.
6) Gunite/shotcrete – We pneumatically apply your concrete for the pool shell. Concrete is sculpted to create the custom aspects of your new swimming pool design.
7) Waterline tile and decking – We install your tile of choice and decking.
8) Electrical – We install and connect all your pumps and electrical systems.
9) Interior surfacing – We install your interior plaster of choice.
10) Orientation and start up – After a complete system walk through, you can begin swimming in your beautiful new swimming pool!
Installation of your concrete or gunite pool design takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
Clearwater Construction Group is a locally owned concrete pool builder and custom pool designer servicing Winston Salem, Greensboro, Burlington, Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh and Cary, North Carolina.